Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer, thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations. Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation, completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all repairs and parts used daily. The position will be required to perform road rescue as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers, bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
• Perform preventative maintenance within company standards
• Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts accountability.
• Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport equipment as needed.
• Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the Shop Fax system.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules and regulations and government guidelines.
• Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
• Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
• Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and certifications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must currently hold a valid Class-A CDL license and be DOT certifiable.
• Must have (5) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a combination of both; or (3) years verifiable hands-on experience with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier Refrigeration Certification or both.
• Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
• Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
• Must furnish own personal hand tools.
• Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining to the shop and fleet.
• Ability to read and understand technical and service manuals.
• Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Computer and software experience.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime when needed